I teach courses in software engineering (mostly) for our Software Engineering and Computer Science programs.
I serve in various roles as workshop and conference organizer, program committees, student supervision, journal reviews, etc. Among others:
- General Chair, 2022 International Conference on Technical Debt (May 2022, Pittsburgh)
- Senior Associate editor, Journal of Systems and Software
- registered reports and open science advocate
- program committees - in the past, ICSE, RE, XP, CAISE, ER, MODELS
- Associate Editor, Journal of Empirical Software Engineering
I occasionally act as speaker, consultant and expert for matters relating to software architecture and software requirements, including architecture analysis, modern software development practices, and analytics for software engineering.
- 01/2019 Square Kilometre Array, Manchester, UK, I led a two day architecture review and critical design review for the telescope’s science data processor.
- 2013-2017 Software Engineering Institute, Pittsburgh, USA. I consulted with different government agencies on software design and modernization, and led industry-specific software training courses.
- senior member of the technical staff at the Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
- postdoc in software engineering at the University of British Columbia.
- PhD student in Computer Science at the University of Toronto.
- master’s student in Computer Science at the University of Victoria.
- undergraduate research in geography and GIS at the University of Victoria, including work placements with the BC Ministry of the Environment.
Department of Computer Science
University of Victoria
Engineering & Computer Science Building (ECS), Room 504
PO Box 1700 STN CSC
Victoria BC V8W 2Y2 Canada