I am associate professor of Computer Science at the University of Victoria.
You can learn more about my research. Download my short bio.
I teach courses in software engineering (mostly) for our Software Engineering and Computer Science programs.
I serve in various roles as workshop and conference organizer, program committees, student supervision, journal reviews, etc. Among others:
- Director, UVic’s Matrix Institute, focusing on data science and computational challenges in a cross-disciplinary way.
- Senior Associate Editor, Journal of Systems and Software
- registered reports and open science advocate
- program committees - in the past, ICSE, RE, XP, CAISE, ER, MODELS
- Associate Editor for RR, Journal of Empirical Software Engineering
I occasionally act as speaker, consultant and expert for matters relating to software architecture and software requirements, including architecture analysis, modern software development practices, and analytics for software engineering.
- senior member of the technical staff at the Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
- postdoc in software engineering at the University of British Columbia.
- PhD student in Computer Science at the University of Toronto.
- master’s student in Computer Science at the University of Victoria.
- undergraduate research in geography and GIS at the University of Victoria, including work placements with the BC Ministry of the Environment.
Phone: c’mon man
email: see bottom
Department of Computer Science
University of Victoria
Engineering & Computer Science Building (ECS), Room 504
PO Box 1700 STN CSC
Victoria BC V8W 2Y2 Canada